De Montfort Surgery is affiliated with SHACC (Sexual Health and Contraception Clinic)
About the service
SHACC is a new integrated, networked, NHS sexual health service in Leicester funded by Leicester City Primary Care Trust.
The aim is to be quick and local, providing contraception and early pregnancy advice, as well as investigation and treatment for sexually transmitted infections.
You can choose to be seen here at Victoria Park Health Centre, as we are one of the provider practices, or at another one nearby (or at the existing GUM or family planning service, if you prefer). If you are registered with a city GP, they can refer you to us for services such as contraceptive implant fitting, coils or vasectomy if they don't provide the service themselves.
To make an appointment please call the SHACC telephone line on 0800 75 66 277.
Lines are open between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday
Working together over the last few years, we decided to take up the challenge of looking at the way sexual health services are delivered in our city.
Our aim is to help tackle some of the local issues in sexual health such as a high teenage pregnancy rate, increasing demand for sexual health services and poor access to long acting reversible contraceptive methods.
The clinic appointments take place amongst ordinary GP/nurse surgeries to help preserve your confidentiality, which we take very seriously. As our staff are all experienced primary care professionals too this helps a holistic approach, especially if you choose your own practice team.
SHACC is a group of primary care organisations in Leicester City. We have interests and skills in the area of sexual health.
This service is also available from the following sites:-
De Montfort Surgery, 100 Mill Lane, LE2 7HX
Saffron Group Practice, 509 Saffron Lane, LE2 6UL
Sexual Health Information
So what is sexual health? The definition we work with is:-
'Being able to choose to have satisfying sex without fear of pregnancy or infection'
For further advise on Sexual Health please visit the below extremely useful websites.
- Family Planning Association - a useful source for information and fact sheets
- patient.co.uk a reliable source of general medical advice
- Talk Choice - for help on choosing a contraceptive method
- Choices - advice for young people E:firstname.lastname@example.org T: 0116 2898969
- Family Planning Clinic - St Peter's Health Centre, T: 0116 2951212
- Genitourinary Medicine Clinic - Leicester Royal Infirmary, T: 0116 2585208
If you require assistance while our clinic is closed please vist this website
- Aids & HIV
- Breast Checks
- Cervical Screening
- Contraception Patch (Evra)
- Date Rape
- Missed Contraceptive Guidelines
- Pre-Conceptual Care
- Pre-Menstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Pre-Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder
- Women's Bodies
- Men's Bodies
- Termination of Pregnancy
- Testicular Self-Examination