Register with us as a New Patient
Changes to registration during Covid-19 Pandemic
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, patients are asked to register without coming into the practice. To register you will need to complete our registration form.
Live within our boundary area?
We welcome new patients to the surgery who reside within the catchment area. You can check if you are within our catchment area by entering your postcode below.
How to register
If you live within our practice boundary you can register with the practice in the following ways:
- Submit an online registration form
- Download a registration form. Once completed you can either scan the form and email it back to us at email@example.com drop it back into the practice post box or post it back to us. Due to the current Coronavirus Pandemic, we are also accepting photos of the form emailed into the practice in order to process your registration. Please be aware that any photographed forms need to be of sufficient quality for us to be able to read all of the information clearly on the form.
You will be asked to provide information such as full name and current address as well as NHS number and name and address of your previous practice so we can request your medical notes.
We will usually process new registrations within 48 hours, however it may take up to 7 days during late September and early October due to the large number of registrations the practice received with students returning for the new academic year. Medical treatment is available from the date of registration.
If you are ill while away from home or if you are not registered with a doctor but need to see one you can receive emergency treatment from any local local GP practice including De Montfort Surgery for 14 days. You will need to register as a Temporary or Permanent patient if you wish to continue receiving treatment with the practice after this initial 14 day period.
You can be registered as a temporary patient for up to three months. This will allow you to be on the local practice list and still remain a patient of your permanent GP. After three months you will have to register as permanent patient with the practice if you wish to continue to receive care from us.
To register as a temporary patient simply complete a temporary registration form available from reception and bring it back into the practice, post it back or scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that the practice does not have to accept you as a temporary patient although they do have an obligation to offer emergency treatment. You cannot register as a temporary patient at a practice in the town or area where you are already registered as a permanent patient.
I have registered with your practice, what can I expect now?
All staff at our practice work together as a team to provide you with the best possible care. We will treat you with courtesy, dignity, and complete confidence. We aim to:
- PROVIDE high quality medical care
- TREAT you with confidentiality, courtesy and respect
- KEEP you informed of the services we offer and any appropriate information that affects your health and treatment
- RUN surgeries and clinics on time. We try hard to run to time but some problems require more time than others and so occasionally you may have to wait due to an emergency
- PROVIDE a home visit if ill health prevents you from attending the surgery
- DEAL with repeat prescriptions according to our practice standard
What can I do to help you to provide me with the service I deserve?
There are several ways that you you can Help us to Help you:
- READ our website and practice leaflet. They both have lots of useful information about the surgery and the services available
- ONLY request a visit outside of surgery hours if it is an emergency
- REMEMBER to request repeat prescriptions in good time
- INFORM us of a change of address or telephone number as soon as possible
- ASK if you are unsure about any advice or treatment you are given
If you have any comments regarding the practice or suggestions on how to improve our service, please fill in a Comments and Suggestions form at the reception desk. Or by clicking here to be taken to the comments and suggestions section on the website. Please include your name and address if you would like us to reply to your suggestion.