De Montfort Surgery are able to offer consultations without you needing to attend the surgery by using our online consultation portal.
We will not be able to process your query if your are NOT registered as a patient with De Montfort Surgery. Registering with the portal DOES NOT register you as a patient of the practice. To register as a patient, please see the information on the "New Patients" tab at the top of the screen.
To use the service for the first time CLICK HERE
If you previously used the service LOGIN HERE
You can use the Online Consultation Portal to:
submit a medical query to a GP
request medication and query medication you receive on a repeat basis
submit an administrative query such as chasing up referrals or asking if your test results are back with our Admin Team
Our online consultation portal is totally secure, backed by NHS Digital and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (queries will only be answered during office hours)
All medical queries will be seen by a GP and they will respond and advise via a secure online message back to you (providing you have fully registered to use the system) usually within 4 hours.
Engage Consult can be accessed via our website on your computer, mobile or tablet device. This will allow you to get help or advice from your GP online and receive a response by the end of the next working day. This means no more time wasted queuing on the phone or sitting in the waiting area for your appointment.
Watch this video for more information about how to use Engage Consult:
How do I use Engage Consult and what happens after I submit the form?
- You will have the option to get Self Help, Upload Health Data, Request Help from the Surgery (Medical or administrative) or review and amend your personal details.
- If 'Self Help' is chosen, you can access self-help information, access local services and pharmacy advice, or get advice from your GP at the surgery.
- If selecting ‘Request Help from the Surgery’ you will be asked your contact number, if you would like a response within the next working day, if your request is medical or administrative, you will be directed to complete an online form about your request orsymptoms. You will need to confirm that you do not have any symptoms that require immediate or urgent care. Please answer questions as accurately as you can so we can find the best way to help you.
- Review your responses to the questions and submit to us.
- We will respond to you within 4 hours (Providing you submit your enquiry before 15:00 Monday to Friday). We may be able to deal with the issue immediately, or we may book a telephone, video or face-to-face consultation.
|When can I use Engage Consult?|
You can use Engage Consult any time of the day or night for Self Help.
Requests for Help from the Surgery - We aim to contact you within 4 hours of your submitted form between the hours of 08:00 and 15:00, received request will be dealt with on the following working day.
|What happens if I have more than one issue?||When you submit your medical 'Request for Help from the Surgery' you can add multiple problems to give us the full picture of the problem.|
|When will I get a response back?||The clinician will review your response and get back to you within 4 hours unless you submitted your request after 15:00, whereby the response may then be the following working day. We will contact you by phone or by email.|
|What about the Elderly and Vulnerable?||Elderly patients who have access to the internet can use the service, otherwise they can call the surgery as usual on the practice telephone number.|
|What about my Child?||Parents/Guardians can submit an Engage Consult requests on behalf of their children|
|But I need to be seen?||Your Engage Consult request will be reviewed by your GP and if you need to be seen for a face-to-face appointment, you will be advised of this by your GP.|
|What happens if my condition is not listed on Engage Consult?||If your condition is not listed, please select the option ‘Request Help from the Surgery’|
|Can I submit photos?||You may submit a photo with your Engage Consult request to help us diagnose you. However, please do not include photos of intimate areas – for example genitalia or breasts.|
|I completed an Engage Consult request, but I have not heard back from the practice.||This should not happen, however if it does and you have not heard back from the practice by the end of the next working day, please contact the surgery who will deal with this promptly.|
|I have an administrative request.||You can submit admin requests such as requesting a fit note (sick note) by visiting our website, go to the Engage Consult banner and select 'Request Help from the Surgery' and selecting the Administrative option.|