The NHS released the new NHS App for all people within the UK that have access to a tablet or smartphone
Who is it suitable for?
The NHS App is for people aged 13 and over who are registered with a connected GP surgery.
You can use some of the app's features without your GP surgery being connected.
95% of surgeries are now connected to the NHS App.
How does it work?
With the NHS App you can:
• check your symptoms – find reliable NHS information on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get immediate advice
• book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery
• order repeat prescriptions – see your available medications and request a new repeat prescription
• view your medical record – get secure access to your GP medical record
• register to be an organ donor – easily manage your preferences on the NHS Organ Donor Register
• choose how the NHS uses your data – register your decision on whether it can be used for research and planning
How do you get the app?
Just follow the link below
NHS App for Apple NHS App for Android
Once downloaded you will need to complete a registration process to confirm who you are, then you can use the app.
NHS Apps Library
The Health Apps Library makes it simple for you to you to easily find safe and trusted apps to help you manage your health. These have been reviewed by the NHS to ensure they are clinically safe and relevant to people living in England.
Click in the link below.
The MSK app has been developed to offer support and guidance on how to manage a Musculoskeletal (MSK) condition or injury. This can relate to any injury, disease or problem with muscles, bones or joints.
Clinical guidance and exercise videos can be of benefit to anyone with an MSK condition/injury. However, this app is aimed primarily for use by patients registered with a GP practice in Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland, as guidance is dovetailed with reference to local services and links.
Please note you can access your record and book appointments via your smartphone.
You must register at reception for web access.
If you would like to arrange for access, please request at reception with either your passport or drivers licence as proof of identity.